Emergency Medicine & Trauma
Department of Emergency Medicine & Trauma
The mission of the Department of Emergency Medicine at the Deepampallavaram Hospitals is to create the future of emergency care. Our vision is an emergency care system that engages our patients and the entire health care system to provide solutions to the growing need and complexity of emergency medical care. We pursue this mission through advanced clinical practice, cutting edge research, innovative education, and service to the health system, community, and our global partners.
Our clinical operation is focused on continuously improving the quality of patient care and optimizing the patient care experience. Our training programs for students, residents and fellows incorporate the latest innovations in medical education.
Most importantly, what makes Emergency Medicine at Deepampallavaram Hospitals stand out is the people, and their dedication to making a difference. Combining that with the infrastructure and resources of a world class Health Care System, we are confident we will continue to play a significant role in creating the future of emergency care.
Our Goals :
- • Provide the highest quality emergency medical care to all patients presenting to the Emergency Department
- • Provide timely services to patients with urgent or emergency conditions
- • Provide cost-efficient medical care
- • Be the leader in customer service for patients and families
- • Provide consultation within the Health System and the medical community on patient diagnosis and strategy for patient care
Our Service Areas :
We will provide an environment that promotes compassion and respect for our patients and families and each other; that employs the highest ethical standards; and that utilizes resources in an efficient manner.
- • Accident/Trauma Care
- • Cardiac Emergencies
- • Respiratory Emergencies.
- • Neurological Emergencies
- • Surgical Emergencies
- • Any Infections/Sepsis
- • G I Bleeding
- • Sports Injury
- • Snake Bite
- • Toxicological Emergencies
- • Environmental Emergencies
In short - Any Age, Any Time, Any Health related problem be it medical or surgical we are there to help.
Salient Features :
- • Dedicated Head of Department - EM trained
- • Consultant in EM available round the clock
- • Availability of portable ultrasound in ED, portable X-Ray, Point-of-Care testing in ER, etc
- • 16 beds in the Emergency Department including isolation,procedure room and dedicated Emergency Operation Room
- • Training program in Emergency Medicine
- • Active Emergency Medicine research and education
- • Availability of other super-specialists round the clock
- • Availability of Radiology (CT scan, MRI & Cath lab) and Laboratory services
- • Disaster Preparedness and Response