Best Plumnologist Doctors
Pulmonologist specialist is a medical speciality that deals with diseases involving the respiratory tract. Pulmonology also known as chest medicine and respiratory medicine in some countries and areas. Pulmonology is considered a branch of internal medicine and often involves managing patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation. Pulmonologists are specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Major surgical procedures on the heart and lungs are performed by a thoracic surgeon. Pulmonologists often perform specialized procedures to get samples from the inside of the chest or inside of the lung. They use radiographic techniques to view vasculature of the lungs and heart to assist with diagnosis.
- Laboratory investigation of blood (blood tests). Sometimes arterial blood gas measurements are also required.
- Spirometry the determination of maximum airflow at a given lung volume as measured by breathing into a dedicated machine; this is the key test to diagnose airflow obstruction.
- Pulmonary Function Tests spirometry, as above, plus response to bronchodilators, lung volumes, and diffusion capacity, the latter a measure of lung oxygen absorptive area
- Bronchoscopy with bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL), endobronchial and transbronchial biopsy and epithelial brushing
- Chest X-rays
- CT scanning (MRI scanning is rarely used)
- Scintigraphy and other methods of nuclear medicine
- Positron emission tomography (especially in lung cancer)Polysomnography (sleep studies) commonly used for the diagnosis of Sleep apnea
- Polysomnography (sleep studies) commonly used for the diagnosis of Sleep apnea
our best plumnologist in Tambaram, is well equipped to manage all types of respiratory disorders like :
- Diseases of the airway (Bronchial Asthma, COPD)
- Interstitial diseases
- Diseases of alveolar space (ARDS)
- Diseases of pulmonary vasculature (PAH, PE, Vacuities)
- Diseases of ventilatory control, occupational lung diseases, all types of infection related to lungs, diseases of mediastinum and pleura, cancer of lung & pleura
- Sleep related disorders (SAS, Narcolepsy, restless leg syndrome, periodic limb movement, UARS)
- Upper airway resistance syndrome
- The unit is very well equipped with ultra-modern gadgets. Hospital has one of the best PFT labs, bronchoscopy units (Pediatric& Adult) in the country.
Interventional Pulmonary Procedures performed at the unit are :
- Tracheal Stent Placement
- Tracheobronchial Stenting
- Tracheomalacia Study
- Transbronchial Needle Aspiration
- Transbronchial Lung Biopsy
- Forcep Biopsy
- Brush Biopsy
- Therapeutic Lung Lavage
- Bronchoalveolar Lavage
We provide preventive diagnostic services to the patients who are at high risk of developing lung cancer sleep related breathing disorders and common preventable respiratory problems.
Pulmonary Function Tests
- Lung Volume including RV, TLC, FRC
- Diffusion Capacity of lung. (DLCO)
- Respiratory Muscle Strength (MIP, MEP)
- 6 minute walk test
- Pulse Oxymetry
- Pre & post exercise Oxymetry
Polysomnography or sleep study has become science itself in the modern day medical world. Sleep related disorders, mainly Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, is very common in obese patients and they snore at night. These patients are at very high risk of developing hypertension, paralysis and thyroid problems.
Following sleep tests are conducted here :
- Complete Overnight Polysomnography (COP)
- COP with CPAP titration
- Limited Sleep Study
- Multiple Sleep Latency Test
- Nocturnal Oxymetry